Thinking of doing a TEFL Course?
Find out more…
Welcome to LoveTEFL
We are passionate about Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL). We think you should be too.
Whether you are 18, 40 or 65, TEFL is a fantastic way of finding work and having an amazing adventure.
TEFL = jobs + travel + learning + new friends + brilliant experience for your CV
And we want YOU to be part of it.
LoveTEFL are specialists in TEFL. It’s what we do. It’s what we love.
Start your TEFL journey with LoveTEFL and open the door to our:
- Global community of teachers, offering you friendship and practical advice every step of the way
- Brilliant training and jobs built on 40 years of TEFL experience
- In-depth knowledge of where you are going and what you will be doing
- Fantastic information and support, as you take your first steps into the amazing world of TEFL.
What is TEFL?
- TEFL = Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- You may also hear the terms TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) and TESL (Teaching English as a Second Language)
Do I need to train for years?
- There are a wide range of TEFL courses, from basic “taster” sessions right through to Diplomas
- An accredited 120 hour course is usually the minimum for reasonable, paid work
Where can I work?
- The main hubs for TEFL are Asia, Europe and South America
- Middle Eastern countries can offer highly paid jobs, but you may need to adapt your lifestyle to their culture
- Jobs in Africa tend to be low / unpaid
- English speaking countries usually require higher level qualifications
What’s in it for me?
- A fantastic way to earn while you travel
- A brilliant opportunity to make friends from across the world
- An amazing addition to your CV
- An irreplaceable qualification for life
- Practical, transferable skills that will last a lifetime
What else should I know?
- You don’t have to speak another language to get a TEFL job
- There is a shortage of English language teachers around the world – so get packing now!
I want to go but …
- Working overseas is thrilling and terrifying. We know – we’ve done it. Are you excited about the idea but …
- Not sure if you’re ready to do it by yourself?
- Want to arrive with more than just the name of a school?
- Like to know you’ll have somewhere to live?
- LoveTEFL’s Supported Jobs Programme sounds like just what you need. It is completely free, and guarantees you practical support as well as a paid teaching job in either Thailand or China.
- Guarantee you a paid teaching job plus professional development
- Give you a fantastic, fun and informative orientation
- Help you settle and meet other teachers
- Support you each step of the way
- Drag you out of bed in the morning
- Teach your classes for you
- Force you to socialise or have a fantastic experience
Those bits are up to you!
Places are limited.
We interview potential candidates so that you can find out more about us and we can find out more about you.
Our Supported Jobs Programme is completely free for our teachers.
Places on our Supported Jobs Programme are limited.
We want to choose the best – and we want you to have the best support. This means that we can’t take everyone who applies to our Supported Jobs Programmes.
Call us today if you are …
- Passionate about teaching and learning
- Excited about living in a new country
- Ready to adapt to changing situations
- A self-motivated individual with a sense of adventure
Err, maybe not if you …
- Aren’t interested in understanding a new culture
- Expect everything to always turn out as planned
- Don’t want to keep learning and developing
- Like being grumpy
The Serious Stuff
We can’t promise you that everything will be as you expect – countries review their visa requirements, schools find they need different teachers, accommodation changes.
But we can promise you that we will help find solutions when things change. After all, we handpicked you – we want you to succeed.
LoveTEFL teaching certificates are valuable.
Our courses are accredited by the Open & Distance Learning Quality Council (ODLQC) and respected across the globe, giving you access to thousands of jobs. We want to ensure they stay that way.
- Focus on the knowledge you need to get a job
- Equip you with skills to feel confident in a classroom
- Ensure you have the materials and support required to complete the course
- Link you into our fantastic LoveTEFL community of teachers
- Do the course for you
- Drag you out of bed to complete the course
- Pretend you have done ok, just so we can get a good pass rate
Those bits are up to you!